Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why I Am Running the Marathon Against Orders

adam banks staten islandCheck out my article on why I am choosing to run the NYC Marathon despite what PTs are advising me to do.

I explore the reasons why people “must” do some things, even if it is the wrong decision or the decision that goes against medical advice. I think this is an important topic to explore – people will “do their own thing”.

For me I didn’t want to hear “don’t run the marathon” – as people were telling me that, in the back of my mind I knew that I was going to run it anyway. What I wanted from my PTs was to say, “don’t run the marathon, but if you do, here is the best way to do it to minimize further injury”.

Check out the full article on ptproductsonline.com

Adam Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment